Thursday, March 8, 2007

A Sweatty Day(7March)

As I was walking towards my college that day I saw huge clouds of black smoke rising from the direction of my college.I was anxious to know what happen. There's a fire? This was the question I ask myself. When I reach the guard house I was relieve to find out the smoke was not cause by a fire but it was the smoke emited from an electricity generator truck. The tremours by the Sumatra earthquake that affected my college the previous day must have affected the under ground power cables.

That was the start of a very hot day. The moment I entered the class , it was like a microwave oven. The heat was traped and the temperature rises as the students started to arrive . All of us were uncomfortable with the curent situation.All I hope the power supply would resume ASAP. To my dissapointment, we had no electricity after we came back from lunch. In fact,we did not have eletricity for the whole day. The blazing heat of the afternoon sun started to make us sweat. You could imagine the SMELL! It was horrible! The strong stench of sweatty people filled the classroom. What to do ? I got to bear with this discomforts for the whole day.

No comments: